the lands of promise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{ the lands of promise . http://tlop.webs.com }

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

!! Rules - Read Me First !!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

!! Rules - Read Me First !! Empty
PostSubject: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 am

1. Always respect your fellow forum members. We hope to provide a fun environment for all of you to enjoy, and we cannot do this without your cooperation c; Your patience and helpfulness is greatly appreciated, so no insulting, bullying, or harrassing any other members (in roleplay of course there will be fights, but all fights must be kept in the story, not among the players). If anyone is bothering you or you see anyone bothering another player, report it to any staff member and we will deal with it.

2. All topics, images, and language should be PG-13. No excessive swearing, or posting anything offensive, or any text or pictures that a young child should not be reading or viewing. (This goes with avvies, graphics, and roleplay pictures)

3. No spamming/pointless threads. Don't create pointless posts (eg. threads with no specific purpose, or responses with only one word, etc.). If you have clickable pets, keep them in your signature. Advertising links to websites are only allowed in the Links board of the OOC forums.

4. Please use proper grammar and good spelling at all times! This just makes it easier to read through posts. If English is not your native tongue, we will understand, but at least try your best to make your words clear enough.

Other rules will be added as deemed necessary.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://tlop-forum.board-directory.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 am

Lands of Promise Roleplay Rules

1. Read about the Lands and its packs! This is essential, for you to know exactly what the areas and existing wolf packs are like, and what your character will be facing along the way.

2. Before joining a roleplay in the Lands, post your character's bio in the Character Creation and Information. Rules concerning character creation are included in the Official Character Form.

3. You cannot roleplay in the Lands until the Admin or a staff member replies with ACCEPTED on your form.

4. After acceptance, you can post an RP in any part of the Lands. While you can only roleplay about the present timeframe of the Lands (NO roleplays about the pups being grownups, etc.), the roleplays are not time-based -- meaning, you can post an RP in the Meadows, and at the same time be RPing in the Savannah.
    You are also not limited to the area your pack belongs to. If your pack's base is in the Meadows but you want to RP in the Savannah, it is allowed. The Lands are a big place! Feel free to explore.

5. The level of roleplayers accepted into the Lands of Promise roleplays are CASUAL to LITERATE. If you are used to roleplaying with *'s and single sentences, I'm afraid you're not quite ready to join the Lands yet. However you can train in your RPing skills at the Roleplay Bootcamp forum -- when you've at least reached a Casual roleplaying level, then you can join the Lands RPs c:

6. Minimum word count is ONE PARAGRAPH, with good grammar, spelled-out words, and proper punctuation. If you are a literate player you may of course write longer, to your discretion. For those who are not used to writing long posts, one paragraph of complete sentences should not be too hard to write.

7. You have a choice whether your character is a newcomer to the Lands, or has already joined one of the packs. You can specify this in the character form. However, remember that some existing packs have specifications of which wolves they want in their packs. If for example your wolf has powers, but you want him to join a pack that does not allow powers, his acceptance will have to be roleplayed.

8. If you have plot ideas that concern any character from the Lands (ex. your character wants to be my character's mate, etc), please post your plot suggestion in the Plot Discussion forum. If you don't have specific plans, however, be reminded that characters from the Lands can freely join in your RP even when they are not invited.

9. All characters in the Lands will be played by me (the Admin). So, if you would want any of my existing characters to join your RP, please PM me or specify it in your RP or plot discussion. In the event that the characters become too many to control, I will choose which players can RP out my characters, although wolves from the pack of Promise and Inheritance will mostly be controlled by me.
    Don't play any of my characters from the Lands without asking my permission first! This will only lead to the locking of your thread.

10. Participate well in the RP you joined. If you have to leave suddenly, give your character an excuse (eg. they ran away to hunt and never came back, or they jumped off the cliff, etc.). If for any reason your thread dies or you don't want your thread to continue, PM a staff member to have it locked.

11. DON'T KILL OFF ANY CHARACTERS WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THEIR PLAYER. If you become tired of your character, you have the liberty to kill them off (D: )or allow other players to adopt them.

12. If any characters are to mate, simply say that they went somewhere to be alone, state (timeskip), and post what happens afterwards. (example: They trotted into the forest, hidden from view. --(timeskip)-- Both wolves emerged from the shrubbery, their pelts slightly disheveled). There is no need for any additional detail.
    I'm not much a fan of force breeding. However if it has to happen relevantly in your storyline, please be as discreet as you would post about their normal mating.

Joining A User-Made Pack

A user-made pack is a pack created by a user here on the forums. To see the packs made by members, see the Packs and Pack Information forum. Each Pack Information thread will tell you about the pack and what kinds of wolves they accept. To join one, simply copy the application form of the pack you want to join, reply to the pack's thread with your form filled out -- then wait for the alpha's acceptance.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Character Creation

Some guidelines in creating your character:
  1. We are only accepting WOLVES at this time. We cannot afford to accommodate groups of other species yet, but we hope to in the future.
  2. Wolves with unusual coloring are allowed. If your wolf has rainbow colors, has weird markings, has wings, etc. etc., no one is turned away from the Lands. c:
  3. When providing a picture of your character, also provide a link back to the original picture. DO NOT EDIT OTHERS' PICTURES WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. This is considered art theft, which is not tolerated.
  4. Powers are allowed, with a limit of one power per character.
  5. Powers that are NOT ALLOWED:
    --- Immortality, indestructibility, inVINCibility -- virtually, anything that makes it impossible to kill your character. It's unrealistic, and being omnipotent is similar to godmodding.
    --- Ability to see or tell the future -- this means knowing what will happen next, but unless you're the owner of the thread then you'd know, and so this seems like slight powerplay.
    --- Mind-reading, ability to control others' emotions -- technically anything that involves controlling another character's thoughts and feelings would require you to exert power over another player, thus is also powerplay. Telekinesis however is an allowable power.
  6. If you want to make your own pack, SKIP BELOW and go to the Pack Creation form.

To post your character's bio:
  1. Choose between the TWO forms below.
    Regular Characters are wolves who wish to join an existing pack, or wolves that you want to be members already of an existing pack.
    Loner Characters are wolves who wish to be loners while in the Lands. They may or may not join packs in the future.
    If you want to make your own pack, SKIP BELOW and go to the Pack Creation form.
  2. Copy the form that you want.
  3. Go to the Character Creation and Information forum and create a new topic.
  4. The title of your topic should be the name of your character. If you want to post the form first and fill it out later, make sure there is a (WIP) in the title -- WIP means "work in progress".
  5. When filling out the form, write in the spaces indicated -- meaning, in between the LIST tags. Remove the instructions inside the LIST tags and answer accordingly. For example:
    Quote :
    Name:
    [ list]Write your name here.[ /list]

This should be filled out as:

Name:
    [ list]Solar Sun[ /list]
  6. When your form is ready for viewing, remove the (WIP) and PM a staff member with a link to your form.
  7. Wait for a staff member to approve your form. Remember, you cannot RP in the Lands until a staff member replies with "ACCEPTED" to your form.

REGULAR CHARACTERS
Code:

[center]Place your character's picture here.[/center]

[b]Username:[/b]
[list]Write your username here.[/list]
[b]Name:[/b]
[list]Write your character's name here. Full name if necessary, include any nicknames they use.[/list]
[b]Age:[/b]
[list]Your character's age. Pups are less than one year old. Young adult wolves are from 1-3 years old. Adult wolves are 4-6. Older wolves are 7 and older.[/list]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[list]Indicate if your character is male or female.[/list]
[b]History:[/b]
[list]A brief history of where your character came from. Please make sure this is at least 5 sentences long. At the very least, give your character a purpose why they went looking for the Lands, and how they got here.[/list]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[list]A brief description of your character's personality. Please make sure this is at least 5 sentences long. Likes and dislikes may be included in this description as well.[/list]
[b]Strengths and Weaknesses:[/b]
[list]Your character's strengths and weaknesses. Please make them realistic as based on your character's abilities.[/list]
[b]Power:[/b]
[list]Your character's power, if any. Remember they are limited to only ONE power. If your character does not have a power, simply put N/A (meaning "not applicable").[/list]

[b]Pack:[/b]
[list]The name of the pack you want to join, or are currently a member of. If joining, write "PACK NAME (joining)". If currently a member, write "PACK NAME (member)".[/list]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[list]Your desired rank or existing rank. Remember that if you are just joining a pack, you will start from Member and work your way up through RP. If you want an existing rank, make sure it is available in the pack (for example, you cannot be beta if the beta position is filled already).[/list]
[b]Mate:[/b]
[list]Your character's mate, if any. They may or may not be existent characters. Write N/A if your character does not have a mate yet. If you wish to be the mate of an existent character, write "CHARACTER NAME (desired)". Of course it will be up to the other character's player if they will accept your wolf or not.[/list]

LONER CHARACTERS
Code:

[list]Write your character's name here. Full name if necessary, include any nicknames they use.[/list]
[list]Your character's age. Pups are less than one year old. Young adult wolves are from 1-3 years old. Adult wolves are 4-6. Older wolves are 7 and older.[/list]
[list]A brief history of where your character came from. Please make sure this is at least 5 sentences long. At the very least, give your character a purpose why they went looking for the Lands, and how they got here.[/list]
[list]A brief description of your character's personality. Please make sure this is at least 5 sentences long. Likes and dislikes may be included in this description as well.[/list]
[list]Your character's strengths and weaknesses. Please make them realistic as based on your character's abilities.[/list]
[list]Your character's power, if any. Remember they are limited to only ONE power. If your character does not have a power, simply put N/A (meaning "not applicable").[/list]

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Pack Creation

Before you start creating your own pack:
  1. Post your character bio (form below) at the Character Creation and Information forum.
  2. Wait until you are accepted by a staff member.

Form for ALPHA CHARACTER:
Code:

[b]Pack:[/b]
[list]Write in this format -- "PACK NAME (proposal)" . This means you want to create your own pack.[/list]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[list]Write alpha or alphess, depending on your character's gender.[/list]
[b]Mate:[/b]
[list]List your character's mate here. If none yet, write N/A.[/list]
[b]Pack Information:[/b]
[list]The link to your Pack Information thread. If you do not have one yet, write N/A. You can always edit this form afterwards.[/list]

Creating your pack:
  1. Reminder: When approved as Alpha character, you have the freedom to set the rules and regulations of your pack. We trust that you will be a good authority over your fellow members, and that your rules will be set within the rules of the forum.
  2. Copy the form below, and go to the Packs and Pack Information thread.
  3. Create a new topic -- the title should be the name of your pack. Paste the form and fill out the information.
  4. Wait for the pack to be approved by a staff member. Players cannot join your pack unless it has been approved.
  5. After approval, your post will become your Pack Information thread, where you can edit rules, add/remove members, and where other players can post to apply for your pack.
    -- When adding names of characters to your pack list, always link back to the profile they posted of their character in the Character Creation and Information forum. This will make it easy for you, and them, to see who makes up your pack.
    -- You may add or remove ranks as you see fit. You can also specify how many wolves you want in each rank.
    -- Always add an application form at the end of your 1st post, which should be used by wolves who want to enter your pack. Below you will find a sample of the form, you can edit it to your liking.
  6. Do not post acceptance roleplays on the Pack Information thread! All roleplays, including acceptance RPs, should be in the Lands.

PACK CREATION FORM
Code:
[center][b][u][size=18]PACK NAME HERE[/size][/b][/u][/center]

[b]Alpha:[/b] List here the alpha/alphess of your pack.
[b]Base:[/b] Write here where your pack's camp is based (Evergreen Meadows, Infinite Savannah, etc.)

[b]Description:[/b] Basic description of your pack, what makes you special/unique as a pack, etc.
[b]Mission:[/b] Does your pack have a specific goal or mission? Do they want to live peacefully in the lands, or do they want to eventually take over the lands, etc. etc? Write it here -- give your members a sense of purpose.
[b]Rules:[/b]
-- Rule number 1
-- Rule number 2
-- You can add or remove rules to your liking.

[b]Accepting:[/b] What kind of wolves are you accepting? Dark-colored pelts only, those with powers, unusual looking wolves, etc etc? List them all here.

[hr]
[center][b][u]Ranks[/u][/b][/center]

[b]Alpha:[/b] Alpha and Alphess are the leaders of the pack.
[b]Alphess:[/b]

[b]Beta:[/b] Beta and Betess are second-in-command to the Alphas.
[b]Betess:[/b]

[b]Gamma:[/b] Gamma and Gamaess are third-in-command.
[b]Gammaess:[/b]

[b]Warriors/Guards:[/b]

[b]Healer/s:[/b]

[b]Hunter/s:[/b]

[b]Scouts/Spies:[/b]

[b]Caretaker/Nanny:[/b]

[b]Pups:[/b]

[b]Omega/s:[/b]
[hr]

SAMPLE PACK APPLICATION FORM
After posting the above information of your pack, make sure to include an application form at the bottom. This form should be the form to fill out when someone wants to enter your pack. They should simply copy the form, reply to the thread and fill out the form. Since below is a SAMPLE, you can add or remove information you want to know about applicants.
Code:
PACK APPLICATION FORM
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Link to Character Profile:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Reason for Joining:[/b]

Last edited by Admin on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:17 am

General Roleplay Rules

1. For characters you will use in the General Roleplay area, you do NOT need to register them on the Acceptance Forms forum! The Acceptance Forms forum is ONLY for Lands of Promise characters.

2. In the General Roleplay area, absolutely any sort of RP your heart desires is allowable -- adventure, fantasy, romance, horror, the limits are endless. Of course, anything offensive or sexually explicit is not allowed c; While we give you freedom to roleplay whatever, please take care to respect the rules and your fellow forum members.

3. Indicate in your title whether you want Beginners, Casual, or Literate players to join.
    -- Write (B) if your RP allows Beginners. Beginner roleplayers are those who are used to chatroom RPing (using asterisks (*), single and short sentences, etc.) All Beginners RPs should be posted in the Roleplay Bootcamp forum.
    -- Write (C) if your RP allows Casual players. Casual roleplayers are those who can at least type one full paragraph, or more (depending on their muse). Their RPs usually post very quickly because the members are either very active, or take a short time to compose replies.
    -- Write (L) if your RP allows Literate players. Literate roleplayers are those who type at least 3 paragraphs or more and are extremely detailed with their posts. Casual and Beginner roleplayers should be warned that Literate RPs take a while to gain responses, because of the length of the post they are composing.

4. Be kind to your fellow roleplayers! Treat everyone as equals -- just because there are Beginners, doesn't mean the Literate roleplayers are higher rank or whatnot. Try to help your fellow members around if they haven't got the hang of roleplaying yet. And if you are given friendly advice by your fellow members, please listen to them as long as they are not advising anything against your principles. It's a great way to improve and learn from each other. c:

5. While it is not always required, make sure that your roleplays have some sort of setting or plot. This helps, especially for Beginners, to focus and play on a certain storyline. If you don't have a specific story you want to play out, at least give a setting, for example -- "This roleplay takes place in a high school. Will you gain friends or enemies? Find out now." At least give an idea of what you'd like to happen in the roleplay.

6. Concerning ROMANCE RPs: Make sure your roleplay has some sort of story, and is not just about finding a boyfriend or girlfriend. I've seen a lot of romance RPs where, after the characters each have a boy/girlfriend, the RP stops and another romance RP is started. While I'm not against having a lot of romance RPs, it is pointless to just find boy/girlfriends and then start another thread. It's a waste of time and space, both for you and the forum.
    Also, mushy scenes (kissing/hugging) are only limited to 2 posts per person in a scene. We won't keep you from RPing them out (A LITTLE), but there's no need for 10+ posts about two people kissing. xC

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !! Rules - Read Me First !!   !! Rules - Read Me First !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

!! Rules - Read Me First !!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the lands of promise :: OOC :: Rules and Announcements-
Jump to: